Essaouira is probably one of my favorite places I have ever visited. Being the huge Game of Thrones fan that I am, this location has been on my bucket list (they filmed here when Daenerys is buying the unsullied army). It’s a cute port town right along the water. We spent a full day there. Today, I am sharing with you some of my favorite images from the day.
Where to Eat:
- Taros: We grabbed beers and seafood at Taros and enjoyed the stunning views on the rooftop. I’d definitely recommend grabbing a quick snack and drink here in-between shopping and walking around.
- Le Chalet de la Plage: We ate lunch at Le Chalet. This was the only restaurant on our trip where everyone spoke 100% french and they did not have English menus available. They did have wifi, so I was able to goolge translate the menu and conversations. I had the fish of the day and it was some of the best fish I’ve ever had. It’s also right on the water so you have a nice view of the beach.
What to Do:
- Shop in the Square: The town is quite small. You can walk around and see everything in about an hour or two. My favorite things to buy in Essaouira were baskets and small dishes.
- Walk Along the 18th Century Spanish Cannons: You can walk on the Skala du Port on the west side of the city along the coast. Here, you will find the fish market and merchants.
- Horseback Riding on the Beach: We rode horses in the late afternoon. You can read more about it in this post.
SHOP THE LOOK:
Dress: Yumi Kim Spring Street Maxi (Size XS)
Hat: Brixton Joann Hat (Size XS)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Photography: Myself and Alec Richards
Sponsorship: This post is not sponsored.